The Nominating Committee is charged with providing a slate of directors and officers each year pursuant to the bylaws:
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO VOTE AT THE END OF THIS NOTE
Section 5.03 Officers. The Officers are members of The Club who are the duly elected and serving President, Secretary, plus the General Manager, and Controller of The Club. Each such officer shall be an Officer while and for so long as he or she holds the underlying office.
Section 5.04 Directors. There shall be nine (9) Directors. Each Director shall be elected by the membership for a term of three years with three directors being elected every year. Each Director must be a member of The Club. If there is a vacancy in the position of Director, such vacancy may be filled by the Board of Directors for the unexpired portion of the term (unless the vacancy was created by removal of a director by the members), or by a vote of the members. The term of the Directors shall run from the next November 1st to October 31st, three years later irrespective of the actual appointment date of the director. Until such time as all 9 board positions are filled, the Board may appoint Directors with unanimous agreement of all Directors and subsequent ratification by the members in the manner described.
Section 8.01 Officers. The officers of this Club shall be a President, a Secretary, a General Manager, and a Controller. The President and Secretary must be members of The Club and shall be elected as provided in Section 8.02 below; the General Manager and Controller shall be employees hired by the Board of Directors. The Club may also have at the discretion of the Board of Directors, such subordinate officers as may be appointed under Section 8.06 below.
Section 8.02 Selection of Officers. The President and Officers shall be elected by the members, for a term of two years. The term of the President and Officers shall run from the next November 1st to October 31st two-years later irrespective of the actual appointment date of the President or Officer. The Secretary shall be elected annually by the members. The General Manager and the Controller shall be selected by the Board of Directors, and each shall serve at the pleasure of the Board, subject to the rights, if any, of such officer under any contract of employment.
The current Board has 10 members with 13 positions filled. Members R. Driscoll and K. Parker serve multiple roles as President/Director, and GM/Secretary/Director respectively.
• Robin Driscoll: President (Officer) and Director—10/31/23
• Kevin Parker: GM (Officer), Secretary (Officer) and Director—10/31/23
• Jim Ward: Controller (Officer)-10/31/23
• Shannon Amerman-10/31/23
• Dana Sanderson-10/31/24
• Russel White- 10/31/25
• Paul Kettle-10/31/25
• Richard Webber-10/31/25
• Patrick McCullum—10/31/25
• Michelle Bothof—10/31/25
This year is a bit of an anomaly. The leadership had hoped to have completed the move into the new facility prior to the end of the governance year. However, it appears the transition to the new facility will bridge FY2022-2023 and FY2023-2024 governance years. To facilitate a smooth transition into the new facility and to preserve institutional knowledge during the first year of occupancy/operations of the facility the Nominating Committee, in consultation with the Board, is recommending the following:
The Nominating Committee recommends:
• Ratification of Directors Kettle, Webber, and McCallum pursuant to Section 5.04 of the bylaws.
• Extension of Director Amerman’s term for one year.
*Directors Driscoll and Parker directorships will expire on 10/31/23 as per the bylaws. Director Amerman has agreed to remain as a director for an additional year.
The Nominating Committee recommends:
• Re-election of President Driscoll as President for one year.
• Re-election of Secretary Parker as Secretary for one year.
*Messrs. Driscoll and Parker have agreed to remain as officers for an additional year.
Amending of Bylaw for this election period only:
• The Nominating Committee recommends amending Section 8.01 to read “…the General Manager and Controller shall may be employees hired by the Board of Directors, or members appointed by at least 75% (3/4th) of the active Directors for Fiscal Year 2023-2024.”
• The Nominating Committee recommends amending Section 8.02 to read” The President and Officers shall be elected by the members, for a term of two years either one year or two years for Fiscal Period 2023-2024.”
Approving the proposed slate will provide:
• Continuity of the President and the Secretary roles for one year
• The opportunity for the Board to reappoint a member as GM and Controller
• Allow for continuity of a Founding Member as a Director
• Allow two open directorships to be filled next year.
In its first official meeting of FY2023-2024, the Board of Directors will vote on the proposed selection and appointment of Mr. Parker as GM and Mr. Ward as Controller for FY2023-2024.
Nominations for open positions welcome
Members wishing to nominate any Full Member for any of the open positions in lieu of accepting the Nominating Committee’s recommended slate may do so by sending the nominee’s name and email address to the Secretary no later than October 25th. The nomination should include a short biography of the nominee, a statement from the nominee stating their willingness to be nominated, and the name of two members supporting the nomination.
Open positions subject to nomination from the membership are Director of The Club (2), The President of The Club (1), and the Secretary of The Club (1).
YOUR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER IS: <<Membership Group>>
TO VOTE ON THIS MATTER, CLICK HERE
Chair, The Nominating Committee