Minutes of the last meeting below.
Resending to ensure the new board member is added to the invites.
Kevin Parker is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
US: tel:+16699009128,,4075876666#,,,,*461833501# or tel:+12532158782,,4075876666#,,,,*461833501#
407 587 6666
Join by Telephone
For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location.
US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
407 587 6666
BOARD MEETING: May 13th, 2021
Purpose: Regular Monthly meeting – Zoom call.
Attendance: Peter Blackmore, Medea Bern, Mark Sanders, Robin Driscoll, Kevin Parker, Eric Stang, MeeSun Boice, Patty Corcoran, Apologies Shannon Amerman, Paulien Ruijssenaars.
1.1 Approval of Previous Minutes.
The minutes for April were unanimously approved.
2. Business Arising.
2.1 Building Update. Mark gave an update as follows: The construction work for the Road/ Utilities is proceeding well. The storm water run off which is a large area is almost complete. The Parking area is done, The Street lighting is on order. The next main step is to instal the main water line.
Regarding the building construction permit BCDC has confirmed approval for the first stage which is the building shell construction. The City has asked several questions which have all been answered. We are assuming a permit late June or July. The constructor is lined up - Makk. Several subcontractors for tiling, duct work, windows have been agreed.
2.2 Finance Update. Shannon had sent out the April details but was not available for this meeting. We have a strong cash position and the additional full membership applications in progress before end June will strengthen the cash balance at year end.
2.3 Membership Update. Kevin had sent the Membership update to the Board. MeeSun gave an update on the several great appilcations she and Parke have sponsored. In addition, Robin, Patty and Peter have sponsored new applications. Net we have one approved already in May and 6 in process. By end June we should have met our target of 20 new memberships for this year which is a credit to everyone.
The membership renewals continue to go well.
We then discussed our potential new Board member Dana Sanderson. To date Paulien, Medea, Kevin and Peter have met her and approve. Mark knows them as marina residents and is positive. We asked other Board members to please reach out to her next week. (Kevin provided contact details). We shall then get Board approval by email so she can join before the next Board meeting.
2.4 Club Value Proposition: The Board agreed we need to update our value proposition. Paulien will lead this. We want to include a better description of the new Club layout plus any changes to related areas ie pool completion will be delayed and the deck area over the water may not be built. Net the value proposition remains strong but we want one statement that is complete which we can all refer to.
2.5 Events: We had a very successful open air concert on April 24th with the Whiskey Hill Billies. Steve Stanley is scheduled on May 22nd. The event committee has booked thru August. For September we agreed to secure an event for Sept 11th which coincides with a Cruise In from SFYC. Food Trucks were approved for all open air events and we would promote use of the food truck to marina residents to help cover the cost and also encourage attendance at the event.
2.6 Board member updates on key matters.
Paulien: Paulien texted to confirm she will bring back an update to the next meeting on value proposition and a new purpose statement on the Culture of the Club
Kevin: A lot of interest from Harbor residents now that work on the ground has started. Plus renewed momentum which we need to leverage. Great support from the Harbor Master Team to encourage membership. Good interest in crew for the Friday Fun Series. Recommendation for an editorial in Climate magazine which we approved. Good interest in the craft beer night - first one is today May 13th.
Robin: Restaurant LOI progressing. Good opening discussion on focusing on core values to enhance the Westpoint experience. Robin will update Board with next steps and more details by email before the next Board meeting.
Eric: PYSF has a full schedule for Summer. Includes two National competitions and one International in Italy. 20 FJ’s purchased for $170k to ensure a strong High School program.
Mark: Pleased at the collaborative approch to events for marina residents. Suggestion on including key PYSF coaches in events. (they are included in the craft beer evening), Cargill update which may benefit PYSF which Mark/ Eric will discuss.
3. Ending Items
3.1 AOB – none
3.2 Date for next meeting is scheduled for June 10th at 5pm. This is already scheduled as a Zoom event.