Orange is the new Green
What this means for The Clubhouse
On Tuesday, the State of California announced that San Mateo County transitioned to Covid-19 Tier-Three, the so-called “Orange” tier, giving the green light to reopening Bars with some modifications. This means we can reopen The Clubhouse with some modifications. Always remembering, member safety is our top priority. We have applied a cautious approach to our events and strictly followed health orders published at the County, State, and Federal levels, and will continue to do so.
We understand some members may not be comfortable returning to The Clubhouse so soon. Rest assured, we will continue to run in-person events outdoors and online events via Zoom as we have been since March.
If the situation changes and San Mateo County guidelines become more or less restrictive, we will quickly assess and adjust access to The Clubhouse appropriately, including reverting back to no access.
Effective Friday, November 5th, 2020 The Clubhouse will reopen.
In order for us to re-stock and prepare for members, we plan to reopen on Friday, November 5th. For members interested in visiting the Clubhouse, revised hours are the following:
- Friday from 6:00 to 8:00 pm
- Saturday from 6:00 to 8:00 pm
- Sunday from 2:00 to 4:00 pm
- Other times may be available on an exception basis, please GM@TheClubAtWestpoint.com
Alcoholic Beverage Sales
Alcoholic beverages will be available to purchase in The Clubhouse in three ways:
- You can purchase unopened bottles of beer or wine to consume outside The Clubhouse.*
- You can purchase unopened bottles of beer wine to consume in The Clubhouse as long as you have booked the space for your social bubble (see below).*
- And you will be able to purchase unopened bottles of beer or wine at our outdoor events.* Check specific events detail to see if the event is offering this.
Complimentary bottles of water and soft drinks will be available beginning on Friday, November 5th.
All other restrictions of our ABC club license, Type-51, continue to apply. This includes: not being able to bring your own alcoholic beverages to The Clubhouse.
To limit cross-contact, we will use chits to charge alcohol to your account, with no Point-of-Sale terminal. The purchase of alcohol on your chit is via the honor system, and chits will be collected at the end of each session. Each social bubble area will have disposable glasses and an opener. These will be replaced and sanitized after every use.
Access to The Clubhouse
Access will be limited to three social bubble areas: one in the Fireplace Room, one in the area where the sofas and armchairs are (including the adjacent deck), and one in the Harbor View Room (the event space). These bubbles will need to remain socially distant (at least six feet apart) from other social bubbles in The Clubhouse.**
Social bubbles are limited to members from no more than three households and to a maximum number of 12 people.** Total occupancy of the facility is limited to 50% of our 50-person capacity which is 25 people.**
Members and guests will be able to bring food with them to The Clubhouse but must dispose of any trash in the appropriate trash can and take the remainder home with them. The dishwasher and refrigerator are not to be used.
Additional Restrictions for Everyone’s Safety
The reopening is subject to a number of additional restrictions and the Board of Directors have implemented the following policies and procedures:
- The Club is concerned for member safety and will take all necessary precautions to ensure The Clubhouse is sanitized before and after each use.
- Members who wish to use The Clubhouse must book the space ahead of time and they will be asked to complete a waiver for themselves and their guests. Registration can be done via The Club website or via Slipstream. Details will be in Monday’s ClubBuzz.
- Members are responsible for their own safety, and the safety of their guests, and must take every precaution to prevent the introduction and spread of Covid-19 in accordance with all club, local, state, and federal guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.
*This is a temporary accommodation. It will be revoked when things return to normal.
**Requirement laid out by the State.